Indiana!
Isn't Indiana great? Hot water, presorted rice, toliet paper in every bathroom...I still get giddy when I get to go for a car ride. Shouldn't it be harder to come back? It helps that I've been too busy for navel gazing; I think this morning is the first time I've been alone in the last week. It's been a great last few days. After I got over the shock of seeing my little brother, (who somehow managed to grow 4 inches and acquire a manly baritone in the year I was gone) life improved rapidly. This last Saturday I was at the Notre Dame, North Carolina game, tailgating with family/friends and watching the Irish continue their winning season (I also had the impossibly good luck of sitting directly behind a Tanzanian man! Anyone who's been to an ND football game knows the crowd's lily white, but the man in front of me was not only Tanzanian, but also spoke Swahili! Amazing, right?! In Indiana of all places!) On Sunday I went to the Bears game; the tailgate was equally great, (props to Al for doing it up right- 2 inch thick steaks at a tailgate?!) but the game itself was all kinds of depressing. I'm glad I'm not a big man- I'd have totally made an ass out of myself what with my smart mouth and the obnoxious Miami fans surrounding me. The Bears, after starting the season 7-0, lost to the Dolphins 31-13, thanks in no small part to 6 turnovers. It was depressing, but the exhibition ND basketball game last night almost made up for it. We won solidly, so there's hope for the future. Is it pathetic that watching sports takes up so much of my freetime? More soon, cross your fingers that the dems take the house!

4 Comments:
pathetic? i think not. after all, what else is there to do in indiana?
hey katie! hope your visit is going well. i imagine you're a regular old american by now...all memories of daladalas and cold showers are shoved behind the pizza and football games :) i don't know if you check comments on your blog, but i don't have your email so thought this was the best way to get in touch with you. just wondered, have you had a chance to mail the Ipod yet? my sister was asking me when she should expect it, and i told her i'd ask if you've sent it. thanks again, and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
update your blog you imbecile
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home